Monday, December 11, 2006

'Tis the Season!

Even though this Christmas season has been more rushed than usual, being gone almost every weekend for two months straight, we managed to ring in the holidays this past weekend... though, don't mistake that to mean that my Christmas cards got written or Christmas shopping accomplished.

Regardless, I'm not one to miss the "season" so we headed to Christy's 3rd or 4th (and last, at least for 2 more years... more on that to come) Christmas bash. Complete with a spread worthy of (three) Kings, we caught up with old friends, and met new ones, too!

Exit polls (only in DC!!) found that people were split between the beautiful REAL Christmas tree and Christy's famous sugar cookies as their primary reason for attending, year after year.

Sunday brought time for one Christmas card to be written... and two more parties. The girls' annual cookie swap and holiday "yankee exchange" was better than ever... I played my cards JUST right and ended up with adorable Crate & Barrel, red and white snowmen dish towels!

The fun but packed weekend left me little time to reflect on much else... except for good friends and yummy treats; both great reminders of the real Reason for the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails