Thursday, January 01, 2009

My Own Crystal Ball

Around here, being the sophisticated folks that we are... two (very important) criteria are used to predict how the new year will turn out... the state of our stomachs (i.e. the food) and Annabelle's state of mind.

After repeated hints from my husband, I finally joined the world of Oreo "truffle" makers. We'd had these a few times before at different events in Atlanta and Chris (and anyone else in the near vicinity) would line up at the tray popping them as fast as possible... so I thought as a special treat, I'd give these cute candies a try - only I dipped them in white chocolate and sprinkled some sanding sugar on them for a little new year's "glisten". And... it turns out that I have now officially had people lined up waiting to get their hands on something I made; had I only known it was this simple!

Oreo Truffles
makes approx. 50 candies

1 pkg Oreo cookies
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
about 8 oz. of your choice of dipping chocolate

In a food processor, blend all the cookies and the cream cheese until well blended. Shape into 1 inch *I made mine slightly smaller as these are very rich candies balls. Refrigerate the Oreo mixture balls for around 20-30 minutes so they are firmly packed.

In the meantime, melt your dipping chocolate according to the directions provided. Dip balls into the chocolate so they are completely covered and let dry on a wax paper-covered baking sheet. Top with any sprinkles you wish (suggestions are remaining Oreo cookie crumbs, sprinkles, colored sugars) and refrigerate truffles for about an hour, or until firm.

Store truffles in the refrigerator until ready to use.

And then there's our sweet Annabelle; really, we just throw her into the mix because she can pretty much make anyone smile - and we have yet to see her in a bad mood (momentary bouts of 'why are you doing this to me, I thought you loved me' when we are bathing her or brushing her teeth, but she forgives immediately and within seconds, is back to being your best friend).

I found her here today, enjoying the sunny first day of 2009. How can you think anything but good thoughts with this adorable and cuddly furry friend around?

So you might be wondering... the verdict is in and by all accounts, it looks like 2009's gonna be a good year. Oh, and while we're on the subject, I wouldn't mind if a lot (and no, I did not say "all") of this came true, too.

1 comment:

  1. Why am I only commenting on the "sweets?" Ugh.

    Anyway, I was at a friend's in St. Louis and she made these for a party and they are AMAZING. Clearly terrible for you, but easy for a party, and a yummy treat!

    Now I know how to make them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails