Monday, May 21, 2007

Worth Every Moment

Waking up at 6am on a Saturday is well worth-while when it means that I'm headed up to spend the entire day with my nephew... 'course my "tune" was a little different later that night around 11pm, but I still wouldn't trade being less than an hour away from my brother, sister-in-law and Charlie, for any amount of sleep.






As an added bonus, in the afternoon while Charlie was napping, I dug through a bunch of Robyn's issues of Southern Living and found tons of new recipes and ideas! In almost all of their articles, whether on gardening, decorating, hobbies, or cooking, they include an informative blurb on "Healthy Living", a number of which are sure to become the inspiration for some new posts as I continue to learn more about heart-healthy foods and other healthy habits.


Charlie sure does know how to spoil his "Kiki" (isn't it supposed to work the other way?)... I was treated to an early birthday present of a beautiful arrangement of sweet pink roses. They were set in a really neat vase with a frog atop of it - I know I'll get LOTS of use out of the frog as flower arranging is NOT one of my talents. Two tips once you've made your own beautiful bouquet... (1) when you aren't around to enjoy your freshly cut flowers, if possible, stick them in the refrigerator and they will last longer! (2) Costco has GREAT prices on amazing flowers - I've even heard that many florists and flower shops buy their flowers there because it's such a good deal.

*Thanks guys... isn't Robyn so talented??

My conclusion of the day... kids grow up WAY too fast... every moment is precious. Why is it that we only remember this after a day with a dear child?

1 comment:

  1. GREAT tip about putting the flowers in the refridgerator when you're not home. I did a little 'experiment' to test and my refridgerated flowers lasted about a week longer. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails