Since recently much has been made of Michael Phelps' daily caloric intake and diet, I jumped at the chance to post a similar "menu", one much nearer and dearer to my heart... this time from the Wake Forest football team! Here's a breakdown of all the food available on this trip: - On the bus to the airport: bags of Chick-fil-A and a bottle of Gatorade.
Today is the kick-off of the 2008 Wake Forest football season... so it's only natural to talk about how the team is gearing up; and, with that, (thanks to the Deacons Direct Gameday Blog) comes this impressive list of food apparently consumed every gameday by my favorite Deacs:
- Boarding the plane: bottle of Gatorade or water.
- During the flight: a bag of snacks that includes pretzels, two granola bars, a Snickers bar, an apple and a banana; plus more Gatorade available.
- During the flight, part 2: more fruit, cheese and crackers and again more Gatorade or soft drinks.
- Arriving at the hotel: more Gatorade.
- Team dinner: salad, fruit, rolls, green beans, mashed potatos and gravy, roast beef, spaghetti, more Gatorade (of course) and the highlight of the evening, the ice cream bar (including hot fudge, strawberry topping, caramel, whipped cream, nuts, bananas and cookies - yikes!).
- After movie: late night snacks which includes salty stuff such as chips and popcorn (gotta have salt to stay hydrated) and more Gatorade.
- Team gameday brunch: fruit, eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage, pancakes, grits, juice and more Gatorade.
- Pre-game meal: heavy on pasta and Gatorade. -
Post-game meal: TBA...everyone is usually given a bag or box of food (of course in a generous portion)
- During the flight home: similar to the first flight, but top it all off with a Wake Forest football tradition that is said to pre-date the current coaching staff: Dove ice cream bars. Oh, and more Gatorade.
Here's a breakdown of all the food available on this trip:
- On the bus to the airport: bags of Chick-fil-A and a bottle of Gatorade.