Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A Bit of History

Sadly, our trip lasted barely a "New York minute" but an incredibly fun and packed 60 seconds it was!

Before I get too far and anyone questions my loyalty, I must state that it is true... Yankee Stadium is in its last year of existence, I saw it with my own two eyes. And for that matter, seeing that stadium was the ONLY reason that Chris and I found ourselves in attendance at the game against the Blue Jays. The experience was fun, especially since Chris and I are such avid baseball (okay... sports, in general) fans, but let's make it clear that the Yankees don't make it to the list of teams we cheer for.

But as for our quick 60 seconds... what an alive and vibrant city the Big Apple is! We loved exploring as much of Manhattan as we were able.

Our friends, Amanda and Drew, had picked our cultural activity for the afternoon so shortly after arrival, we headed to the Frick Museum to see a magnificent, stately home, filled with an unmatched collection of art. I highly recommend it to anyone no matter your taste in art.

After seeing our share of Vermeers, Monets, Renoirs, to name a few... we spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around with stop at St. Patrick's Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, and Times Square! I loved the hustle and bustle of such a busy city.

Dinner brought us to La Vineria, another choice of Amanda and Drew's... and after the Frick and our delicious dinner, I have to say they are hired for my next trip! We enjoyed first, the freshest mozarella and tomatoes I've ever tasted, followed by a variety of different amazingly fresh pasta dishes *think butternut squash filled pasta with a light sage sauce drizzled over it.

After a great day in the city, we were ready for our trip to the Bronx to visit such a historic landmark in the soon-to-be demolished Yankee Stadium. It was just as I imagined - a great neighborhood for baseball - and we even got our fair share of "real" Yankee fans (who were removed from the game shortly after arriving - love Yankee Stadium security!).


We had such a perfect afternoon *enjoying a Yankee loss, and end to our quick trip, getting to know Yankee Stadium and its city!

3 comments:

  1. So fun! Glad you guys has such a great time! Looks like Mark is doing well. When do zou leave for europe....end of sept?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! We're heading to NYC in December with friends. (Guys are going to a Jets/Bills game - girls? Probably a play!)

    I'm glad you guys had fun! It's a great place. I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an amazing trip...love all the details and pics. oh, and i heart caprese salad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails