Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Far From It (and Okay With That)

This...

Is admittedly still very fresh up in the old noggin.

But with all the news about swine flu, it's been a little (okay, a lot) easier to not miss the poolside drinks and the inevitable distance that being in Mexico placed between me and a little thing called work.

None of that has much to do with what we devoured this past weekend - I just wanted to share.

Crab Burgers (or Super Cute Crab Cake Appetizers) with Red-Pepper Dressing
*from Bon Appetit

Note: a 1/2 recipe was more than enough for small appetizer portions for 4 people but go ahead and make the whole recipe cause the other 1/2 is perfect for 2 entree-sized portions

Wrong again, Kara - I found a connection between these little beauties and Mexico, after all! I happily served the crab cakes on a cute new platter found (and fought for) on Shacks Fifth Avenue in Penasco. *yes, Mom, I bought a new platter - but this one is a different shape than all those others and it was a souvenir, read: once in a lifetime-can't-get-it-anywhere-else-on-the-planet-so-I-had-to-have-it

You all don't have to read this part - I just wanted to record it for posterity: I hereby proclaim the crab that went into these burgers were the best deal (certainly on 'premium seafood') that I've ever had the pleasure of paying for. The fresh crab meat was buy one, get one free and I also had a $1 off coupon. Best.find.ever.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand about the platter. Gotta have it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails