Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Almost Celebration

In the spirit of Alice in Wonderland (and the Un-birthday), we had our own little celebration last night... in honor of Chris being Almost Done with what has become the class he has least enjoyed during his part-time MBA adventure (or so I like to call it).













For the occasion, I attempted one of Chris' favorites... chicken Pad Thai... and it turned out pretty well! Given that this was my inaugural effort (since Andrea and I long ago took a Thai cooking class), I gladly took the help of a package of noodles and sauce, but gave it some additional flare. Egg and chicken are obvious. Not to be forgotten were the crushed peanuts. Chopped cilantro and scallions gave it great fresh color. And for garnish... a wedge or two of lime and a sprig of cilantro.

I'll definitely keep improving on this recipe since it was surprisingly quick and easy!

So... CONGRATS to Chris for finishing the nightmare that Finance has been - and not a second too soon. And, thanks for providing an excuse to try my hand at Pad Thai!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails