Thursday, August 13, 2009

At Any Hour

I'm a breakfast food person - I just am. I like eggs, and breakfast meats, stratas and pretty much anything one can serve in those breakfast hours. I take that back, we eat breakfast for dinner pretty regularly so I even enjoy the above foods outside of those hours (did you know there are people who will not eat breakfast foods outside of the morning hours - there are, I know some of them).

I say these things only to level-set the fact that this recipe wasn't a hard sell on me - especially given the fact that I've tried making cinnamon rolls twice now and wasn't exactly happy either time. Disclaimer: the recipes I tried are NOT flawed, it was all baker - that's me, I have a 1 in 10 success rate with yeast Joy's recipe, though, as daunting as it read, was accompanied by such glorious pictures of her beautiful cinnamon rolls, sure not to be dry given the addition of cream cheese, was not to be resisted - especially when I could justify making them just for Chris and me one weekend morning because I had a lonely stick of cream cheese needing a home.

Wow. The recipe was absolutely flawless - and (said in a whisper) the yeast cooperated and resulted in me dancing around the kitchen shouting "yeast, we might just be friends after all". It worked just as she said it would and within a few hours we had buns of love. Yes, buns of love covered in a deliciously light sweet glaze - it was almost too perfect.

Moral of the story is that it won't be these delicious cinnamon rolls that stand between you and yeast. If I can do it, anyone can. And oh the rewards you will reap.

2 comments:

  1. I love cinnamon rolls, and I love bread made with yeast. That chew is irresistible. But I may have to take your word for it! Daunting is RIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I too love breakfast foods. I am goign to have to try to make these. I have never had much luck with cinnamon rolls, but am always willing to give it another try. We have breakfast at least once a week for dinner. Sam loves to help make pancakes and "fruit cakes." My version of fruitcakes basically consists of whatever varieties of fruit we have available cooked up and held together pancake batter. (Maybe that was a poor description, but it really does taste good. And it makes me feel like a better mom for filling Sam with healthier foods.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails