Friday, August 28, 2009

Hope You're Not Hungry

My sincerest apologies for the lack of food-related posts - though it admittedly wasn't a tough decision choosing between a post with mediocre-at-best pictures of food OR indulging you all (hello hello?!) with my stunning niece and nephew (and absolutely take the serious bias of the author into consideration when reading that).

But, if you're a friend of mine, I'm fairly confident that after a quick scan of these pictures, you won't need convincing that these are worth more than any post about last night's dinner, brownies or even bar cookies (yes, even bar cookies).

I didn't promise that they were all perfectly poetic... ah-hem, one of my subjects was (quite clearly) more interested in injecting humor into his aunt's attempts at portraits than the quiet thoughtfulness that his sister exhibited. (portraits at a Mexican restaurant - and I pretend I have learned more about photography?!?)

"Quiet thoughtfulness"... er, or a serious focus on dinner.

I may have mentioned this before but if someone knows where I can pick up a set of eyes and eyelashes like these kids', I'm willing to pay the big bucks. Oh, and the ability to look so darn cute with those perfectly chubby cheeks would go for a high price as well.

And if anyone's looking for any variation on little boys' rubber boots, I'm sorry to report that Charlie has every single pair ever manufactured so save yourself the trouble of searching. When you go through 2-3 pairs a year, you learn to start stocking up.

I know it's not nice to brag but gushing over kids who aren't my own is allowed, right? And well, in this case, warranted, too. Eventually, I promise to get back to some recipes and actual food... right now, though, these kids are just so much easier on the eyes.

3 comments:

  1. They are such beautiful children!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are precious - thank you for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I can't believe how big your nephew is getting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails