Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sugar 'N Spice

Since we'd been hard at work all afternoon yesterday, I decided that we deserved a special dessert after dinner...

I tried a new brownie recipe (I'm looking for a fudgy brownie recipe - send me your favorite!) which turned out pretty good - but it's real purpose was a vehicle for the topping... Chipotle-Cherry Whipped Cream. Surprisingly enough, I use chipotle adobo sauce quite frequently so when I saw this recipe in my Bon Appetit, I was intrigued!
It turned out to be delicious... a light, fruity topping to a rich, chocolatey brownie... and with a punch of color! Plus, it was so easy!

1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup chopped cherry preserves
1/4 teaspoon canned chipotle adobo sauce
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon almond extract

In a stainless mixing bowl, the ingredients whipped up into stiff peaks in no time at all!

I halved this recipe and it was MORE than enough, though if you're serving a crowd, go ahead and make it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails