Thursday, August 21, 2008

Press Release

Lots of very news-worthy events going on these days... it's hard to ignore the Olympics *or at least it is for us: Michael Phelps achieved the greatest individual performance in a single Olympics winning his 8th gold medal; and, Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh won the first-ever second consecutive gold medal in Olympic beach volleyball while securing their 108th win in a row; meanwhile, in non-Olympic news, AP pre-season ranked #23 Wake Forest's season opens against Baylor August 28, both Republican and Democratic National Conventions are heating up and maybe even announcements of running mates (and by NO means is this me asking for any type of political debate), and last but not least, I won a cookbook!

Yes, this is newsworthy - not only because as everyone who wins something for the first time says... I never win anything in contests like these, but also because it's THIS cookbook!

Thanks SO much to Donna at Spatulas, Corkscrews, and Suitcases *cutest blog name ever! and The Taunton Press.

Last week, I had the good fortune of stumbling upon Donna's blog and of course all of her grilled pizzas caught my eye (so much so that last weekend in an inaugural effort, we grilled 6 different pizzas... did you know that certain blogs are searchable even via Blackberry; thanks to that nifty technology, I was able to access my favorite homemade dough recipe even though we were nowhere near a computer) so I quickly entered her contest to win this delicious-looking cookbook, Pizza on the Grill by Elizabeth Karmel and Bob Blumer! And now that we've officially entered into the world of pizza-grilling, I'm drooling even more in anticipation of all the recipes calling to me from underneath its covers. I still can't believe I won!!

In the spirit of all things grilled... I present to you an innovation in grilling corn! Ever grilled corn out of the husk and gotten really dry, burnt corn? Not if you marinate it like we did. *don't be scared of this method - try it once and you'll never go back, this eliminates the messy hassle of having to butter your corn once it's cooked!

"Marinated", Grilled Corn on the Cob
serves 8

1 c butter
1/4 c honey
1 tsp hot sauce
salt and pepper, to taste
8 ears of corn

Microwave first three ingredients in microwave-safe bowl until completely melted. In a large, sturdy plastic bag, pour melted marinade over all ears of cleaned corn and toss gently. Leave to "marinate" for at least an hour, or up to 3 hours. Grill all ears of corn over medium heat until tender, being careful to turn at even intervals to protect from burning.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails