Friday, October 23, 2009

The Forecast

I think it's going to be a good one... this weekend, that is. Sure there are storms in the forecast, but there's also a certain little almost 4-year old's birthday party at a local fire station and baking, cooking, cleaning, and painting to be done. And I'm beyond excited about 3 out of those 4 (and secretly not really even dreading that 4th... yes, I'm one of those weirdos that likes cleaning - well, except for dusting blinds and wouldn't you know... ).

But let's talk about what I'm going to be making... since we're still celebrating another certain someone's birthday (or at least I am), tonight's dinner is his all-time favorite: Chicken Parmesan. This will be my first venture into a non-baked version and I have a feeling it'll be worth every calorie.

I'm also planning on a batch of these after Amber so rudely tempted me with their butterscotch-studded cousins last night. Although I'm feeling guilty even mentioning this as it's like I'm cheating on my very own version. And even worse, as much as I hate to admit it... Joy outdid our recipe (sorry mom).

And lastly, when we actually will eat this one is still to be determined... but for some reason, this spinach quiche struck a chord with me. Maybe it's that my mom used to make a similar recipe with some frequency growing up, maybe it's that I have all of the very accessible ingredients already, or maybe it's just because I want to... but no matter what, I want this - and now (or in the next 3 days, at the very least).

Oh wait - if you're still there. It's fall (you come here for pieces of information like that, I know this) which means lots of baking (course so do spring, summer, and winter to me). I've found these delicious and waist-increasing recipes and can't decide which to make. Would you be so kind as to help me choose one? Plus, if you're local, I promise I'll share!

1) Peanut Butter Candy Bar Brownies

2) Double Chocolate Brownies with Caramel Frosting

3) Death by Caramel Bars

2 comments:

  1. The brownies! But I'd always choose a brownie.

    And the weather here is stormy, stormy, stormy until the afternoon then SUN! And humidity. Ick. But still pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I support brownies too! I made those pumpkin caramel cookies last night for a work thingy today, and I think it's the first time I've used a hand held mixer since home ec class in middle school. Danny had to tell me not to try and scrape while the thingies are twirling! Hahaha! And that the rule is that each kid gets to lick off the mixing stick thingy. We only had one kid in the house, so he licked both of them. So anyways, that was one long comment to say that baking is fun! Flour everywhere, but fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails