Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Rita's!

Neither of the girls in this picture are named Rita... guess again. Rita's is the now-famous (at least in my eyes) water ice place that I was introduced to in Hilton Head earlier this summer. Since that fateful moment, I have made an effort to take advantage of each occasion that I find myself in the fortunate position of being in a "Rita's city".

Recommendation: Mango Gelati, though I hear the Mistos are lovely too

As for this picture - I visited Carolyn in the city of Brotherly Love (Philly) this past weekend; amazingly enough, we had no itinerary for the weekend except for hitting at least one Rita's, and we made good on our plan. My first comment about Philly (prior to this visit, I'd only been there in the dead of winter for the Army-Navy Classic - Go Navy) is that the city is a lot more vibrant than I realized; and, my second observation is that there is a LOT more traffic on the drive up and back during the summer.

On a somewhat related note, I have made the official decision that when I return to Philly (and inevitably to Rita's) in just a few short weeks, I will only be there to cheer Christy on in the 1/2 marathon (www.runphilly.com). After running for only a short time with my knee brace yesterday, it was clear that this knee was not going to carry me for 13.1 miles. So... I will not be joining Christy in the race, nor in the pictures on the "Rocky steps" as that is only for those who run. Perhaps it is fate that I will miss my first attempt at a race - am I to be a marathon cheerer-oner forever???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails