Monday, November 27, 2006

... and After...

... QUITE a weekend!

AFTER the Wake-Maryland game was over Saturday night, the outcome was Wake on top, 38-24... meaning I received this in my email Sunday morning. *Yes, this is Wake football that we're talking about...

** ... after much deliberation, I think it is time to take the plunge and sign up for the Demon Deacon license plate!!
AFTER the fiasco with my original contractor skipping town (anyone seen Guido??), my real estate agent came through at the very last minute with a new, comparable recommendation. Neddie and his side-kick showed up Friday morning, bright and early, and started and finished the job within the next 36 hours. I was left with beautiful new floors in my foyer and kitchen!















AFTER a long Wednesday evening spent casually with some friends (read: they hung out while I prepared Thanksgiving sides - dijon glazed carrots, stuffed mushrooms, and a fresh green salad with candied walnuts, blue cheese, and Craisins - and desserts - Tollhouse and pumpkin pies), I was ready to head to my brother's house for Turkey Day. Though we tried to avoid it, we definitely had more food than we knew what to do with.

... of course, Charlie was always willing to jump in when needed.

... and as usual, the box for the roaster had to be measured before anyone could eat.
AFTER eating more than my share Thursday evening, there was more to be had. This weekend also marked the celebration of Chris' cousin's Bar Mitzvah.
The event started off Friday evening with a delicious, hearty meal at "That's Amore". Saturday evening was Max's actual Bar Mitzvah service and party... and quite the party it was. I'd been to my share of "mitzvahs" growing up but I don't remember them being this fancy and fun. My favorite part? The candy bar, of course...
... and dancing off the delicious food with the cousins!

AFTER all was said and done... the weekend wound down just perfectly... since my floors were done so much faster than we thought, my dad and I headed back up to my brother's house to hang out Sunday afternoon. My brother, of course, took this opportunity to put my dad to work.

But dad also got some quality time with "the boy", teaching him the proper method for using a measuring tape... and what it feels like to walk in the shoes of a "king".













(this was just way too cute not to share)

Isn't it obvious that "GO NAVY" was on the tip of his tongue??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails