Thursday, August 02, 2007

Sweet Treat

I knew I'd taken the right job when about a week after I came on-board last April, we instituted "Sweet Treat Wednesday". Since then, my co-workers have been my guinea pigs for any fun new recipes I've wanted to try.

I'd had my eye on a recipe that Abby had made and recommended a while ago, for Cocoa Pound Cake (from Dorie Greenspan's Baking: From My Home to Yours); since the ingredients were all things I had on hand, it was just right for my turn at Sweet Treat this week.

The cake was delicious and my co-workers happily cleaned their plates. *As Abby mentions, be sure to put a foil tent over your cake about 45 minutes into baking. And, I was even happier to get double-duty out of the recipe! I brought the left-overs home, threw two slices (small ones... TRYING at portion control) on my grill pan, whipped up some fresh cinnamon whipped cream, and sifted a bit (maybe too much?) cocoa powder over it all. *Another "clean the fridge out" exercise for me - and with delicious results!

I've read about grilling pound cake (usually topped with grilled fruit, but what the heck) and now that I've tried it, I must highly recommend it. If it can get any better, the cake caramelized beautifully on the grill and left a delicious sugary, crunchy texture.

So it's true... maybe not the BEST idea for the week before my only beach trip of the summer, but it was so worth it!

1 comment:

  1. That cream looks divine! Great job, and I'm glad you liked it.

    We're heading to the beach on Monday, too! Two weeks. Two glorious weeks. I. Can't. Wait.

    You guys have fun, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails