Saturday, December 20, 2008

Coming Clean

I'll cut to the chase - for all the times I've boasted about loving my Deacs, it's high time to admit that while my devotion hasn't waivered, I just may not be the #1 fan 100% of the time that I portend to be.

Now don't get me wrong, this sudden announcement isn't a result of finding out that I really like Duke or something absolutely ludricrous like that... it's just that both of my teams, Wake and Navy, are coming to DC, basically knocking on my back door, to play in the inaugural EagleBank Bowl (lame, I know), and who isn't going?! Me.

Perhaps this is just the wake-up call that I needed to get my life in order and get a handle on everything I need, or is it want... to get done - because honestly, usually a game like this would make it high on the priority list.

Luckily, I know a few folks who are attending the game and am assured that our Deacs are in good hands.

Oh? And that "lame, I know" comment up there?? I might just take that back after reading that this bowl is "Dedicated to our Nation's Most Dedicated" and also that the "focus of this historic event is to honor the sacrifices made by all those who serve our country." Not so bad after all.

GO DEACS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails