Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Different Version

Well, this is downright embarrassing... right now, most people who write something masquerading as a food blog (although I'm not completely convinced that's why you're here) are either in the kitchen hurriedly preparing delicious homemade accompaniments to the perfectly roasted turkey or are already at the table, surrounded by dear friends and family, just about to dig into said complements.

Yet... here I am - spending part of my Thanksgiving afternoon sitting at our computer still thinking (and talking, quite frankly) about our recent jaunt up to New York City. Admittedly this is actually a tradition in the loosest sense of the word - as for the past hour or so, I've had one eye on the annual Dog Show (that we always manage to watch in some shape or form) and the other... here with you.

It’s just that I’ve had Wicked on the brain ever since we saw the musical and I thought perhaps one way to transition from Wicked music all-the-time to Christmas music all-the-time (officially acceptable after today, right?), was to finally getting around to sharing this. After all, we all know that the best way to get rid of a song stuck in your head (as Wicked's Defying Gravity and For Good have been - not that I'm complaining), is to sing it loud and clear... er, right?

Regardless, I won't bore you with details except to say that I wish it weren't over... and that I'm fairly certain any Christmas music lulls will be filled with the sounds of Wicked - and I'm okay with that.

Now for that turkey...

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. your fellow addict has heard through the rumor mill that she is receiving the full sound track for christmas (in the form of downloaded itunes - half the price, 100% of the goodness). =D i'll burn you a cd!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails