Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Quick Klippin'

Going through my weekly ritual of "koup klippin'", I realized that many people probably miss out on the opportunity to save some of their hard-earned money simply because they think it's too time-consuming to thumb through the weekly paper.

I'll be honest and admit that I haven't done any long-term studies on this, but I am a strong believer that the time it takes me to find a few "koups" every week is absolutely worth it. I set aside a mere 10 minutes (or less!) a week to "klip" and organize my coupons; then, usually every other week, I go through my stash and toss any that might have expired.

One major pitfall that I'd be remiss not to mention is the "buy something just because you have a coupon" or as my dad has been known to say "buy more to save more". *I am careful when selecting "koups" to only cut those that advertise products I need to purchase regardless.

A few other tips...


  • check your mail for valuable coupon books like the Dunkin' Donut book pictured here (you'll notice that gems like these aren't quite as regularly occurring as the others but they are definitely worth seeking out when available)...

  • often amidst the weekly circulars, there are koups from specific stores in their fliers that you are handsomely rewarded for seeking out... this weekend, perfect timing for Chris, Sports Authority rewarded us with koups for both $25 off a purchase of $100 or more and $10 off $50 purchase

  • try and double your savings... often "koups" are timed with your local grocery store's sales so use both if you can!

Call me crazy and obsessed (it won't be the first time), but my Sunday "koup" hunt is a vital part of my week... and I actually have fun doing it! Don't take my word for it, try it out yourself - you just might be surprised!

1 comment:

  1. I did some clippin' yesterday!

    I've never attempted a brioche. It sounds too yeasty for me.

    I just don't understand why it hates me so much....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails