Saturday, June 16, 2007

Why Do Zebras Have Stripes?

Pretty much anything with my nephew is better and more fun... and today at the National Zoo was no exception.

Jacob, Robyn, Charlie and I shared a pre-Father's Day celebration with the animals... would Charlie's "Baby Einstein" training pay off?

Charlie recognized the cute baby elephant right away, promptly renaming him "l'phant".

The Giant Panda was a "bear"... definitely close enough for us.

The apes were one of our favorites... Charlie got up-close-and-personal with an orangutan in the ape house... and even did a little chest pounding of his own in what I interpreted as an attempt at communication.

At the "Great Cats" exhibit, we were all impressed with the lions and tigers... and Charlie, well, in his true sympathetic fashion was concerned about the little "duckies" wading in the water nearby.

What a perfect day to spend at the zoo. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

*What's Kookin' note - Admission to the National Zoo is free! Bring your own lunch and snacks for a great family day that's educational at a very low cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails