Tuesday, June 19, 2007

We Could Learn a Thing or Two!

If you know me, you know I'm always rooting for the underdog... at ANYthing, whether it's American Idol (I loved Chicken Little in the 2006 season!!), sports, in movies... anywhere.

I'm always keeping an eye out for those who might need my encouragement... and while these two seem to be doing just fine without me, I had to take the time to applaud them publicly.

The first is this year's US Open champion, Angel Cabrera. He's the first-ever Argentinian US Open champion, and when asked whether he or fellow countryman Manu Ginobili (of the 2007 World Champion Spurs) were more popular now with their recent claims to fame, he modestly and quickly responded, "Manu". He also had to be the cutest little man sitting in the clubhouse nervously waiting the results of Tiger's final round. And, since the tournament finished up on Father's Day... at the end of his award presentation, he made some quick but very touching statements about his family and his father back in Argentina. I LOVE that!!!

As for my second "mention", I really don't think he even needs an introduction, but I was just introduced to Paul Potts, the winner of "Britain's Got Talent" and since his operatic singing brought tears to my eyes, I thought it only fair to share his talent. He is absolutely amazing... what a come from behind story!

These men prove that nice guys DO finish first!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wait. Did you go to Wake?

    Do you know I live in Winston? I'm actually from here originally, too.

    I went to UNC, however. GO HEELS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails