Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Just a Couple

My creativity is waning (and there's no doubt you 'all' are sick of hearing me ramble) so I'll just cut to the chase...

Here are a few delicious recipes I've made recently that you also should try... and go ahead and do it soon.

Turtle Ice Cream Pie
from Bon Appetit

I followed the recipe almost exactly on this one... (don't mess with perfection!)

But I want you to know that you can adjust the amounts of finely crushed pecans in the graham cracker crust if you have a non-nut lover in your midst.

And, if you do happen to have one of those people lurking around, and you decide to try and further customize the pie by putting some pecans in between the ice cream layers, make sure you know which half of the pie the nuts are on. Not that I did this - I can just imagine how embarrassing it would be if one were to do this.

Oh, and you'll have this delicious caramel sauce left-over... but not for long. Probably the easiest caramel I've ever made (and I don't have a good track record with such things) and the tastiest.

Pioneer Woman's Pan-Fried Ribeye Steak

As a result of me attempting to feed us without blowing our grocery budget, I did a thorough inventory of all the proteins in the house and this guy begged to go first. Thus, we were forced to choke down this delicious steak.

I made ours in my cast iron skillet and finished it in the oven, and the very easy, all-the-ingredients-are-in-your-pantry (ifyouhaveone) rub is to die for. According to the PW, food snobs of the world shun prepared seasonings... just another reason I'm so glad I'm not one of them.

2 comments:

  1. Off topic...but on in regards to saving money...have you been to Aldis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, now that Turtle Pie is right up my alley! Fabulous!

    In regards to Aldis, we are big fans of Aldis and it's a great place to get all of your staple items.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails