Friday, July 13, 2007

I Wonder...

Until early last week, I didn't even know that the 7 Wonders of the World were up for grabs! Am I just that out of it?

Determined to get back "in the know", I've been checking out all of the newly voted on 7 Wonders of the World (and in the process learned about nominating one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature...), and as silly as it may seem, I was just not prepared to be so amazed!

I'm re-inspired to get out and really travel now, so just in case the opportunity presents itself, I've ranked the New 7 Wonders in the order that they appeal to me (try this, but I will warn you, it's tough!)...

1) Machu Picchu, Peru
2) Christ Redeemer (statue in Brazil)
3) Petra, Jordan
4) Great Wall of China
5) The Roman Colosseum
6) Taj Mahal
7) Chichén Itzá, Mexico

I have some (absolutely inconsistent) reasoning for my ranking system but for now, I will spare you all the gory details.

In a separate but related note, I also saw that on my favorite "The Today Show" they are doing a series on "My Views of America the Beautiful". Check it out and I think you'll agree that America IS beautiful! I have loved browsing through some of the pictures that have been submitted and seeing just how many people find beauty in their everyday surroundings.

I don't know that I'll ever submit any pictures but I do have a few of my own versions of America the beautiful (both taken in New York state, on or near Keuka Lake)...


1 comment:

  1. Those would be some fab places to visit ... but there's nothing like your own backyard! America IS beautiful (and I like its people, too.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails