Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It's Here!

I've been re-reading The Order of the Phoenix in preparation for today's movie release. I'm a huge fan (and an even bigger dork) and even got hooked on some hour-long A&E special this past Sunday night about the whole Harry Potter series... it was a great refresher (for those of you who, like me, don't remember a thing about this book...).

According to my pre-order on amazon.com, my "Deathly Hallows" delivers on or shortly after July 26th, so you know where to find me then... though I'm torn because the faster I read it, the sooner Harry Potter will officially come to an end... not to mention, I can't decide if I think Harry survives or not.

What do you think?

*If you don't think you're a fan... don't knock it 'til you try it... I was more or less "dared" into reading the first book and have been hooked ever since.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe she'd kill him off. AFTER ALL HE'S BEEN THROUGH? What a waste that would be! (And the books are soooo much better than the movies, but the movies still rock, which says a LOT about the screenwriters and directors.)

    I LOVE Harry. My sister's beau works at Borders and we've had books pre-ordered forever. They're under lock and key but one will be mine VERY SOON.

    I'm knitting Gryffindor scarves for Christmas gifts this year! LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kara! I found your blog through Andrea's. It is so great.

    I too watched the entire special on A&E on Sunday and have been considering trying to read through the entire series before the 21st. I'm not sure I can get all of them read in a week so I may just re-read the Half Blood Prince so I'm up on all the crazy happenings. I don't think Harry will die but she does some crazy things with her characters. If you are a today show fan, Emma Watson will be on tomorrow morning.

    Glad to see you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, the movie- defintely did not include the detail that the book did, but I found it quite enjoyable and I don't think you will be dissapointed. Hurry and re-read so you go see the movie before the last book hits the stores Friday at midnight. There are definite ambiguities in the movie that peaked my interest about what I will find in the pages of this long awaited conclusion!

    I just wonder who is really dead and who isn't. and who dies in the new book. oh my gosh- I'm such a dork!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails