Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Less is More

One thing I'm finding as I'm in the kitchen more and more is that my easy meals (that we tend to like the best, truth be told) are rarely blog or picture-worthy! But that makes me sad! I know that if more people out there (picture me pointing at all of you, myself included!) posted more everyday meals that had only a few pantry-staple type ingredients, my repertoire of weeknight meals and I would be ever so grateful.

Instead, however, and I am completely guilty of this also... we try and make fancy dishes (they are so fun and tempting, I agree!) , certainly at least dishes that will look pleasing in a picture, and while they might be good and worth the effort once, they rarely make it to my list of go-tos.

So along those lines, in the hopes that some others of you will follow suit, I wanted to share a meal that we LOVE (and now that I've been reminded just how good and incredibly easy it is, a dish that we will certainly be making more of)... in all it's non-blog-worthy glory. AND, if you can believe it, this puppy has just 4 ingredients, 5 if you count the cooking spray.

Mozzarella-Chicken Pasta

boneless, skinless chicken breasts (enough for your crowd)
spaghetti (though any type of pasta would work - we recommend Barilla Whole Grain or Plus)
jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1/4 c per chicken breast)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray your baking dish with a thin coat of cooking spray; a deep and wide casserole dish works best. Place your chicken breasts in the casserole dish and cover completely with spaghetti sauce. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes to an hour depending on the number of chicken breasts; test chicken with a fork for done-ness.

Meanwhile, cook your pasta according to the package directions.

Uncover your dish and spread shredded cheese over the top of the spaghetti sauce and chicken; put entire dish back into the oven, uncovered, for up to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted to your liking.

Serve a chicken breast and a portion of the sauce (make sure you get some of the cheesy goodness!) over your pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails