Friday, May 29, 2009

No Matter Where You Are

Nothing says grilling by the beach like grilled pork tenderloin... unless of course you're not at the beach, then it says "grilling by [wherever you are]".

We've done pork tenderloin 'on the barbie' before - and each time I'm more and more convinced that this meat is just made for the grill. Course I did like this non-grilled version a whole lot too... darn it, perhaps there are no conclusions to be drawn just yet. Pay no attention to my rambling and go fire up your grill.

Sadly, this past weekend didn't find us at the beach, so this was more of a "grilling on our deck" pork tenderloin... and while I'm not certain when we'll get to the beach next, something I do know is that we'll make this recipe once we're there.

Garlic Herb Grilled Pork Tenderloin
adapted from All Recipes

2 pork tenderloins
4 TBSP olive oil
3 cloves garlic: 2 chopped, 1 cut into 4 pieces
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1 TBSP chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 TBSP salt
1 TBSP ground black pepper

Pour olive oil into casserole dish with cover. Add chopped garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper, and stir. Place tenderloins in dish and make sure the meat is coated well with the olive oil mixture. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight.

When ready to grill, cut 2-3 small slits in one side of each tenderloin and insert pieces of garlic. Prepare your grill for medium-high heat. Grill to a minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees.

Let the meat rest for about 5 minutes before slicing into medallions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

I do my best to post responses back on your own blog but if your question is applicable to everyone, I'll leave you a response here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails